With the pandemic upon us, the world came to a standstill. Everything from offices to schools were forced to shut down in the wake of the pandemic. The primary concern was to contain the spread of the virus which had become rampant, and the leading cause of that was the microbial transmission from surfaces, human contact etc. People would come in contact with doors, handles, or any surface which was previously touched by someone who had contracted the virus.
This became a point of serious concern for many people, especially those who worked in offices. Companies soon realized the need for a proper hygiene protocol to be implemented, which employees could rely on for a safe environment.
Why do we need antimicrobial products?
As mentioned earlier, the spread of the disease quickly became problematic for many of us. The need for a standard hygiene protocol is imperative to ensure a safe working environment for everyone.
Antimicrobials are various substances that inhibit the spread of microorganisms on surfaces that would otherwise be harmful, such as viruses, bacteria, or fungi. They are needed to protect inanimate surfaces such as doors, handles, desks, or any other place prone to human contact. Even the cooling towers which maintain heating, cooling, or ventilation are quite susceptible to microbial accumulation. If attention is not paid, it can contaminate the air and worsen the overall environment.
Apart from practicing hand hygiene, it is also essential to regulate a cleaning schedule which ensures that the office premises is kept free from germs. Investing in the right quality products protects not only these inanimate surfaces but also protects employees and staff from illness.
A complete hygiene program is a must, which antimicrobial products are necessary?
One of the most significant concerns when it comes to transmitting germs or microbes is touching doors or surfaces which are under heavy use. A smart solution to this is to use Adhesive Covers which mask the entire handle. They are easy to apply and remove as they can be peeled and stuck.
SafeHandles ADA Handle Covers are the perfect product available in various shapes to especially accommodate the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliant door handles. These are clear, translucent handle covers which hold their form for extended periods of time.
- Easy to remove.
- Convenient to place.
- No odor.
- Ensures clean, hygienic handles which play a critical role in any facilities hygiene program.
- Designs are customized to cover the entire surface.
- Embedded with slow-release silver technology that works 24hr a day to maintain a clean handle.
This is an excellent investment as it not only guarantees a hygienic office environment but also provides the satisfaction of a clean workplace. You won’t have to worry about touching those high touch surfaces that can become filthy even with the most regimented cleaning protocols, and that naturally improves work ethic.
When it comes to inanimate surfaces that cannot be covered, such as desks, chairs, and doors, it becomes imperative to invest in an effective disinfectant. Many disinfectants are chemical agents that are specially designed to kill or inactivate microbes on inert surfaces. They will not necessarily kill the microorganisms, but they will restrict spread to a great extent. There are many disinfectants available in the market, but not all of them ensure maximum protection, and certainly not without unwanted hazardous toxins requiring a separate set of application safety protocols and associated personal protective equipment(PPE).
Your best bet is hands down the PURE® Hard Surface disinfectant which guarantees protection against 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, and fungi, especially in killing the Human Coronavirus in 30 seconds (under AOAC testing protocols). PURE is unique in delivering this exception efficacy without hazardous toxins. It requires no PPE, has no HMIS warnings and has a Generally Regarded as Safe(GRAS) statement from the FDA. It comes in various forms including spray bottles, gallon bottles, and packs, each designed to cater to your individual needs.
- Flairosol spray bottle is compact for use at home or office.
- Multi-use and is portable to be carried anywhere.
- Has a squeeze-pump which allows the convenient flow of disinfectant solution to a wider distance.
- Fine mists cover a large surface and produce an antibacterial film.
This guarantee results when it comes to COVID-19 where you need a convenient yet reliable solution for all hygiene concerns. The PURE Hard Surface is your one-stop solution to all things portable. It can be directed in a variety of angles and regularly used to clean indoor surfaces from any microbes. It is effective against many drug-resistant bacteria, including MRSA and most importantly, the coronavirus.
The SterRoll tape products are another excellent way to maintain cleanliness on a multitude if high touchpoints. It is a thin adhesive film that is applied on surfaces such as Push Bars, ADA Bars, stair railings, or routinely touched surfaces such as Fomites. It is similar to packing tape, but it has EPA approved actives embedded throughout it to restrict the growth of grime causing germs.
SafeHandles delivers yet again with its state of the art SafeHandles™ Ster-Roll* Tape.
- Clear, translucent tape with no print on it.
- Can be used in various places such as stair rails, push plates, appliance handles etc.
- Can also be cut into custom shapes and applied on more extensive surfaces.
- Available in widths of 2” 3″ and 4″ and lengths of 20′ and 75′ to suit individual needs.
- Embedded slow-release silver remains viable up to 6 months of usage.
SafeHandles™ Ster-Roll Tape provides complete protection and convenient use. And it leaves no residue after removal in normal conditions.
A more commercial application of disinfectants includes the use of electrostatic sprayers which are commonly used by facilities and janitorial staff. These come in the form of a backpack, suitcase, or a rolling ultra-fine mist (non-electrostatic) sprayer, depending upon your intended use.
Electrostatic Backpack Sprayer
The electrostatic backpack sprayer is designed to disinfect commercial locations and can easily cover thousands of square feet.
- Time conserving method.
- Covers large areas up to 17,000 sq ft.
- Tank capacity of 4.22 gal.
- Can run up to 2.5 hours on a full charge.
- Spray can go to 9 ft.
- Lithium battery operated.
Electrostatic Suitcase Sprayer
The electrostatic suitcase sprayer hosts power of up to 12V 8Ah and is portable and compact for multi-purposes.
- Has a flow rate of 100ml per min.
- Spray distance can go up to 8 ft.
- Has four wheels for portability.
- Made of stainless steel with durable plastic enclosures.
- Compatible with water-based chemicals, sanitizers, pesticides.
- Has a finer mist of 40 microns which is more effective than conventional electrostatic sprayers to coat surfaces thoroughly.
Electric Mist Unit
The Foam-it electric mist unit is recommended for very large areas where its large holding tank industry-leading 15-micron sprayer produces a fog-like mist that is ideal for gyms, cafeteria, and similar large spaces.
- Has 120VAC power.
- Has a handheld wand with a 25 ft. hose
- Has an onboard air compressor.
- Holds up to 15 gallons of pre-mixed solution.
- Can cover 2,800 sq ft.
The SafeHandles Starter Kit is your one-stop solution to all your hygiene needs. It can be used at home or in the office to keep any facilities environment clean and germ-free. It has all the versatile products that are mentioned above in one package to suit all your needs at once. It contains:
- SafeHandles Steamer
Heat Shrink Self-Cleaning Sleeves
- SterRoll ADA Door Handle Covers
- Ster-Roll Tape
- Pure: 1-gallon with two empty, fillable and reusable 10 oz Flairosol bottles
- SafeHandles Install Instructions
- SafeHandles Sleeve Sizing Tape
- “What’s on that Handle?” Stickers and “Powered by SafeHandles” clings
- Scissors, microfiber towels, box knife
Instead of buying individual products, investing in the robust starter kit can be of great use, especially in a commercial facility where there is greater demand.
SafeHandles and PURE Products, together are what you need to address all your hygiene-related needs with innovative products that combine both Antimicrobial efficacy and passive continuous cleaning protection. SafeHandles makes sure that it has a custom plan for your facility that suits its individual needs. If you are keen on creating a safe and secure environment for yourself and those around you, contact SafeHandles at 707-822-1234 for a free evaluation.