How are you ensuring that some of your most critical hard surfaces are consistently being cleaned and disinfected? It’s easy to look around your office, school, restaurant, or gym, and if nothing is out of place and no dirt and dust is piling up to give it a thumbs up and say all is well.
But why take a chance? Why not put together a plan that ensures no surprises are lurking on the hard surfaces throughout your facility?
The adage, those who fail to plan, plan to fail is as accurate for custodial management as it is for anything else.
Use this list to help guide and focus you on the top 10 hard surfaces you need to keep clean.
Office, Bathroom, and Common Area Hard Surfaces Cleaning
- Your largest areas are your floors and walls. Wipe down walls, then sweep and mop floors with approved germicidal disinfecting solutions. As someone who manages a facility, you are well aware of the time and labor costs involved with keeping these large areas clean. With SafeHandles PURE Hard Surface cleaner you achieve super disinfecting coverage that can’t be matched with manual applications plus it keeps your labor costs down.
- Wipe down doors and door handles. For long-term protection use the SafeHandles steamer to install SafeHandles Heat Shrink Sleeves which use slow-release silver-based pesticide technology to protect your door handles for up to six months.
- Toilets and urinals are obvious hard surfaces that need regular attention. Using an EPA-registered disinfectant, like PURE Hard Surface, that kills 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, and fungi is a must.
- Don’t overlook the importance of wiping down the bathroom stall dividers, tile walls and floors, and toilet tissue, soap, and towel dispensers. All of these areas need regular attention to prevent the spread of germs.
- Create a schedule to refill toilet paper, soap, and hand towels. Keeping these full not only serves your employees and customers well but helps maintain a cleaner bathroom.
- Your kitchen or office break room needs special attention because of the food that is prepared and consumed in those areas. You need to sanitize these areas with a disinfectant that is not only strong enough to kill a virus like covid-19 but is safe enough to be used around food and that is eco-friendly like our PURE Hard Surface cleaner.
- One of the most overlooked areas of a kitchen or office break room is the cabinets. These should be wiped down inside and outside on a monthly basis to cut down on dust, dirt, and grime build-up as the result of food being prepared and stored and around them. And when you implement something like SafeHandles electrostatic applications you can be confident that the hard-to-reach nooks and crannies are taken care of.
- Sinks, water spouts and faucets can’t be ignored as part of your cleaning protocol. Left unattended soap, mold, and mildew can build up, harbor germs and pose a risk.
- Don’t wait until the trash cans are overflowing before attending to them. After removing the bag of waste wipe down the inside and outside of the receptacle. Then reline with a clean trash bag.
- Appliances need your attention as well. Cleaning small appliances, the microwave, and the inside and outside of refrigerators are an extremely part of creating a clean environment. And think about the handles on each of your appliances; the oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster ovens, water coolers, and more – each of these could benefit from being cover with SafeHandles Heat Shrink Sleeves.
Stop putting off the development of your cleaning plan. Today’s industry-leading facility managers embrace these new products and application technologies to redefine best cleaning practices that make their team and customers feel confident that their health is being looked out for.
If you need an expert to help you put together your hygiene and facility cleaning protocol give us a call or reach out via our contact form today. Call (707) 822-1234 or click here to fill out our contact form.